A Somatic Approach to Working with Trauma
A Level II Hakomi Workshop
November 10th & 11th, 2023, In-Person: Edmonton, Canada (MDT)
Hours: 9:00am - 4:30pm MDT
Learning how the body (somatically) experiences trauma and how to utilize principles in practice, and mindfulness skills to help client's somatically reorganize towards a more felt sense of safety and well being following traumatic experiences is the focus of this workshop.
Learning how to address the somatic implications of trauma is recognized as an important part of working with those who have been traumatized and is considered by many to be the most effective way to help clients in recovery and in reintegration into their lives.
Faculty: Pamela Thompson, Registered Psychologist, Certified Hakomi Therapist & TrainerRegistration
Through lecture, demo, and practice exercises, this workshop will introduce you to effective interventions and skills you can immediately use with clients:
- The Hakomi Principles as they relate to working somatically with trauma, Understanding how to recognize and utilize somatic cues to restore physical and emotional regulation states from dysregulated states,
- Historical core beliefs that influence trauma recovery,
- Working through faculty neuroceptions and the embodied threat responses those affected by trauma often experience,
- Ethical practice in physicalizing techniques for working with trauma responses,
- Self-caring strategies for therapists working with trauma.
Pamela Thompson, CHT., M.A., R.Psych.,Hakomi Trainer. Pamela has been working in the field of trauma for over 25 years. She has trained in a number of somatic approaches to working with trauma.
Prerequisite - previous Hakomi workshop or related somatic training experiences or with faculty approval.
Format: In-person, location in Edmonton TBD
Hours: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
SIGN UP BY OCTOBER 6 AND SAVE $50
Early Bird Price: $367.50 / $315* $350 / $300* + GST (standard / *BIPOC, full-time student, nonprofit)
Regular Price: $420 / $367.50* $400 / $350* + GST (standard / *BIPOC, full-time student, nonprofit)
For more information, https://hakomiedmonton.ca/somaticapproach/