Learn effective methods to help clients work through prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation
Location and When - Online video course
Presented by Raja Selvam, PhD
Author of The Practice of Embodying Emotions
18 CE credits are available (Provided by Amedco)
Learn effective methods to help clients work through prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation, utilizing …
1. the specialized knowledge of the physiology and energy anatomy of prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation,
2. the principles of physical and energetic regulation, and
3. the tools of emotional embodiment and interpersonal resonance from Integral Somatic Psychology™ (ISP™) that include the work with archetypes from Jungian psychology as resources to help facilitate emotional processing.
Persistent imprints from prenatal and perinatal traumas are often in the form of implicit somatic memories with a tendency towards global high-intensity activation in the central nervous system.
This can lead to long-term symptoms such as anxiety, migraines, heart dysregulation, allergies, attachment and relational difficulties, and emotional difficulties such as persistent low self-esteem.
Symptoms of prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation can also be seen in clients whose caregivers had activation from causes such as war; or in clients who did not have adequate interactive regulation from their caregivers early in their lives.
If unresolved, they often form the template of how we are affected by later traumas and compromise our ability to cope with them.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Major types of prenatal and perinatal trauma
- Existential terror, fragmentation, rage, and shame
- Physiological and energetic defenses commonly involved
- Global high-intensity of the central nervous system
- How to efficiently work with all of the above by building a greater capacity for a larger range of emotional experiences by using the body as a container
- The science of embodied cognition, emotion, and behavior
- The role of archetypes from Jungian psychology as resources for processing emotions
- Lifetime online course access
- Three demonstrations
- Course study guide
Raja Selvam, PhD, a licensed clinical psychologist, is the author of The Practice of Embodying Emotions, and the developer of Integral Somatic Psychology™ (ISP™), an effective somatic therapy that helps clients achieve optimal mental health by fully embodying their emotions. He has taught for twenty-five years in over twenty countries. Dr. Selvam is also a Senior Faculty Member in Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing® (SE™) Training Program.