A Workshop for Therapists and Helping Professionals with Sheila Rubin LMFT, RDT/BCT & Bret Lyon PhD, SEP
2 Saturdays: March 26 and April 2
10am–5:45pm Pacific Time
Online using Zoom – Live and Recorded
$395 full price / $375 with full payment by February 19 / Special price for interns
13 CE credits available for California therapists (See website for details.)
CAMFT CE provider #134393
Sexuality is a vital, defining part of our identity. We are at our most vulnerable when we experience sexual feelings—and therefore the most prone to feeling shame. In this workshop, learn tools to help clients talk about, explore, and heal the sexual shame that can arise at any stage in the life cycle, and help them towards a life-affirming sexuality.
• Discover ways to help clients become aware of the many, often conflicting messages they received about body image and sexuality from family and society.
• Learn ways to help clients repair the disconnect between self and others — and between parts of the self — that has been created by shaming, inappropriate behavior or abuse.
• Understand counter-shaming techniques and develop tools for couples to understand their shame triggers and communicate about taboo sexual topics.
• Work with the shame that can cause and result from affairs.
• Identify challenges in being a sexual minority in society and the layers of shame that can occur.
• Unfreeze shame and open life force in a grounded and embodied way, helping clients to access and safely explore their sexual energy.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
To register, please visit the Schedule page at www.HealingShame.com or use this link:
Sheila Rubin: 415-820-3974 / Sheila@healingshame.com
Bret Lyon: 510-420-1441 / Bret@healingshame.com
Please visit our website for free articles and webinars, our Sounds True podcast, details about our Sounds True audio learning series, and information about our complete training program in Healing Shame.
The Center for Healing Shame is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs in California – CAMFT-approved CE provider #134393. Courses meet the qualifications for hours of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The Center for Healing Shame maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.