Judith Blackstone, Ph.D, in a USABP Spotlight Series Event, presents an afternoon to explore the healing power of fundamental consciousness.
Judith Blackstone will teach the main embodiment practices of the Realization Process and discuss their application to healing from the effects of trauma.
These gentle, precise attunement practices uncover a dimension of subtle, unitive consciousness that we can experience as the basis of both our individual wholeness, and our oneness with our surroundings.
Attunement to this foundational level of embodiment cultivates sensory and emotional resilience, grounding, self-possession, and authenticity. It deepens and refines all of our human capacities--for physical sensation, emotional responsiveness, understanding, and perception. It contributes to healing attachment difficulties by helping us connect intimately with others without loss of inward contact with ourselves. It can also contribute to recovery from addiction by helping people access an internal source of happiness, wholeness and belonging. Judith will also describe how we constrict and fragment ourselves in reaction to trauma, and how the embodiment of unitive consciousness can help us find the exact pathways of these constrictions, and release them.
Main Points of Workshop
1. Inhabiting the body can help heal the effects of trauma.
2. We can experience an undivided, unbreakable ground of consciousness, pervading our body and environment.
3. Inhabiting the body as unitive consciousness provides a sense of authenticity, self-possession, empowerment and self-love.
4. Inhabiting the body as unitive consciousness deepens and frees our ability to think, feel and sense.
5. We react to trauma by binding our body and being through the medium of the fascia.
6. As the subtle undivided ground of our being we can more easily discern and release the trauma-based binding from the body.
7. Knowing ourselves as the undivided, unbreakable ground of our being can help us tolerate the emotions and memories that are released in the process of healing from trauma.
15 minutes: I will introduce the main premises of the Realization Process: our potential to experience a unitive ground of consciousness pervading our body and environment, and the applications of that experience to healing from trauma.
45 minutes: I will teach three of the main Realization Process practices.
15 minutes: I will talk about how we bind ourselves in reaction to trauma and how the Realization Process practices can facilitate recognizing and releasing the binding.
15 minutes: I will teach the Realization Process grounding practice.
Q & A
Learning Objectives. Participants will learn:
1. How to help people deepen inward contact with themselves through inhabiting the internal space of their body.
2. How to help people feel more grounded and secure.
3. How to help people deepen their perspective on their internal and external experience.
4. How to help people balance their capacities for awareness, emotion and physical sensation.
5. How to uncover a foundational experience of unitive consciousness pervading one’s body and environment.
Blackstone, J. (2018). Trauma and the unbound body. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
Gyamtso, T. (2001), Progressive stages of meditation on emptiness. (S. Hookham, Trans.).
Hookham, S. (1991). The Buddha within. Albany: State University of New York Press.
Nishitani, K. (1982). Religion and nothingness. Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press.
Yuasa, Y. (1987). The body: Toward an Eastern mind-body theory. Albany: State University of
New York Press.
"Just as an open hand is hidden within a fist, our true nature, with its innate capacities for happiness, love, and wisdom, is hidden within our pain and numbness. Just as we can open a fist to reveal a hand, our unbound, unconstructed being can emerge from our pain and breathe again."
―Dr. Judith Blackstone, Trauma and the Unbound Body
This event will be recorded and available for members and non-members who register for this event. This course will not include CEs.
About the Presenter
Judith Blackstone, PhD, is the founder of the Realization Process, a method of embodied psychological and relational healing and nondual spiritual awakening. Judith teaches workshops and teacher certification trainings throughout the United States and online. She was a psychotherapist in private practice for many years and before that, a professional dancer. The Realization Process includes practices for realizing and stabilizing in nondual realization, as well as a method of recovering from trauma called Healing Ground, and a method of embodied movement called Stillness Moving. She is the author of several books, including Trauma and the Unbound Body: the Healing Power of Fundamental Consciousness, The Enlightenment Process, and Belonging Here: a Guide for the Spiritually Sensitive Person. www.realizationprocess.org.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check back as new information on our events happen regularly and updates are ongoing.
These exclusive webinars are brought to you by the USABP and its proud educational and training institute member organizations.
These live webinars are for Psychologists, Social Workers, MFTs. Counselors, Somatic Practitioners, Body Worker and other Health Professionals.
Download to see specific list of who can get CE credits when they are offered.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Registration is in three steps. Get the details below.
Non-members see special message* to you below.
Members you must be logged in to be able to access free registration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
*NON-MEMBERS SAVE NOW:
Non-members are better off to join the USABP. For a little more money paid as a member - instead of an event registrant - you can participate in 12 plus upcoming webinars FREE and get access to our library of training - lectures. Plus get our International digital and/or printed version of our International Peer Reviewed Journal and much more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
About Our Events
Our events often include demonstrations, video and slide presentations, experiential exercises, Q & A discussions, insights from attendees, presenter shares about their personal journey and inspirations, and much more.
These courses content levels serve introductory or beginning level; intermediate level; or advanced level.
Please cancel prior to 24 hours before the course starts. For questions or concerns, phone 202-466-1619.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
When CE credits apply to a course they are made available upon course completion by emailing email@example.com to request it.
Participants must have paid tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates will be available following course completion.
Disability Access - If you require ADA accommodations please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
REGISTRATION is in three steps:
1) Register first on the USABP website (click the register button on this page), and then
2) Register at Zoom too. Use the Zoom link that we will email to you after you register with USABP (click the register button on this page to begin registration).
3) Once you register with Zoom. Zoom will send you your login link.
We look forward to seeing you at this premiere event.