USABP Spotlight Series and the International Institute of Core Evolution present:
The Pulsation of Life, the Human Connection and Moving Beyond the Trauma
Expanded Dimensions of Body-Oriented Therapy - from Spirituality to Science … and what does Love have to do with it?
This event will be recorded and available for members and non-members who register for this event. This course will not include CEs.
Get invited to this event and more.
Subscribe to the USABP Highlights Newsletter.
Main Points of Workshop
In the experiential vignettes we explore topics such as:
• Somatic Awareness and the Practice of Mindfulness
How do we structure our experiences on the level of our body, feelings, thinking, mind and in directing our will to realize our potential?
• Explore the Matrix of Grounding
The Core Evolution concept to stand on the ground and feel connected to the Universe and to all existence.
• The Body is the Temple of the Soul
How does your personal history become visible in your body?
In your personal development you formed inner working models, which influence your emotions, body reactions, thinking, behavior and beliefs. By observing body reactions, understanding the underlying needs and learning how to nourish them, you can successfully change these patterns.
Click here to email and get more in-depth material about this theory and teaching in the 10-page curriculum for the Core Evolution Training.
• Repression of Expression can cause Depression™
What was the personal, emotional and physical dynamic that you could not express or live as a young person? What consequences did this have in the Body-Mind Field and what attitude and behavior resulted out of it and are still active today?
• Beyond the Brain – The Consciousness of the Body-Mind
The brain has a role in mediating consciousness, but only in limiting ways takes part in creating personal consciousness. For this we have to expand the explanatory model and include quantum dimensions of our experience and our capacity to perceive reality.
• Love is the Resonance with the Flow of Life
The state of love allows you to recognize the larger dimensions of life. In experiencing this flow, you open to the love for yourself and others and to the love that others express to you. This deepens heart communication, intimacy and authenticity. In this state you open for new choices in feeling, thinking and behavior. You expand the limiting ego and move life’s purpose with the Will of Your Heart.
Core Evolution addresses the wholeness of a person – the personal qualities and unique potential. From this trust in our inherent power of love, goodness, creativity and capacity for self-healing, we address the traumatic situations and limitations a person faces to connect with their resources so that the person can unfold their qualities and move beyond the trauma toward self-realization – personally and professionally.
Participants will learn:
- to sense and activate their own life pulsation on different levels of their life;
- to differentiate breathing patterns and recognize their impact on the body and personal expression;
- to differentiate Interoception, Exteroception and Proprioception;
- to practice Mindfulness principles to affect Vagal tone and to release excess tension;
- to recognize how they organize patterns of experience.
- Welcome, Event Housekeeping, USABP Messaging, Onboarding Attendees, Poll
- Introduce Topic and Welcome Speaker (2 min)
- Short Interview with Presenter - talking about their inspirations and visions for our field (8 min),
- Tuning in experiential
- The Presentation – with experiential vignettes, sometimes with personal feedback and further interwoven explorations. (90 min),
- Q&A (10 min),
- Wrap up (upcoming events, resources etc.) (3 min)
- USABP Closing (2 min)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Siegmar Gerken, PHD, ECP, HP (Psychotherapy) studied psychology, education and anthropology. He taught on the faculty of the JFK University Somatic Psychology Department, the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute, the Esalen Institute, and the Behavioral Therapy Training Institute in Hamburg.
His Near Death Experience in early childhood and consequent vision led him to many teachers and further extraordinary life experiences. Meeting with Jiddu Krishnamurti and David Bohm, learning and teaching with John C. Pierrakos, MD for nearly 20 years (until 2001), practicing Zen and exploring many other realms of therapy and consciousness, Dr. Gerken has always been interested in building bridges between Psychology and Spirituality, Environment, Personality and Eco-Psychology, Science, Medicine, Healing and the subtle dimensions of life.
He now teaches at universities and private institutes worldwide, on the interconnectedness of psychosomatic processes as they manifest on the levels of body, emotions, mind, will and consciousness. For almost 15 years, Dr. Gerken also led Change Management workshops at the Norwegian Defense University College.
His research in human energy field documentation with Prof. F. Popp on psycho-emotional states of our Body-MInd Field, opened new horizons to scientists and practitioners. He is co-founder of the Scientific Committee of the EABP. Dr. Gerken is a lecturer, therapist, trainer and supervisor.
• Siegmar co-founded the therapy and consulting International Training Institute of Core Evolution® and CoreSoma® with his wife Cornelia;
• established the specialized Core Evolution Trauma Trainings™– addressing the integration of unresolved stress patterns and Developmental-, Shock-, Family-, Generational- and Collective Trauma;
• and created the International Institute for Energy & Consciousness® for applied Mindfulness in Psychology, Spirituality and Science, which also includes the:
- Management teaching in Authority and Leadership and the
- Energy, Love and Consciousness Programs™ of Core Evolution®, connecting with the Essence within and the Knowledge of the larger Existence.
Siegmar: “I experience Love as the resonance with the flow of life. Therefore I work to realize my lifelong vision to facilitate light in this world, especially in my work with people, so that they can find realization and fulfillment.”
L. Cozolino - The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy
A. Damasio - Self comes to mind
E. Kandel, J. Schwartz, T. Jessel - Principles of Neural Science
S. Kelemann - Embodying Experience
J. Krishnamurti - Total Freedom
H. Maturana, F. Varela - The Tree of Knowledge
J. Masterson - The Search for the Real Self
J.C. Pierrakos - Core Energetics
R. Sapolsky - Behave
R. Sheldrake - Rebirth of Nature
D. Stern - The Interpersonal World of the Infant
About The International Institute of Core Evolution and CoreSoma
Core Evolution is a relational, psychodynamic, body-oriented and mindfulness-centered therapy. Core Evolution is an innovative approach to a Whole Person Psychology based on Mindfulness and rooted in the Essence of Being. Its foundation is the comprehensive understanding that essence and life energy are expressed through our Core - the center of the individuated universal life energy, a wellspring of healing, joy, creativity and wisdom.
Core Evolution addresses the Pulsation of Life in each of us. Life expresses itself in pulsation. Every breath, every heartbeat, every movement, every thought represents the flow of life in us. If this flow is distorted or restricted, we limit our perception and expression in life. Often this is expressed in:
• restricting our breathing,
• increasing our muscle tension,
• withholding of our emotional expression and our authentic self,
• which influences our decisions and actions,
• affecting our intra- and interpersonal perception and communication.
Therefore we address the interconnectedness on all levels of our existence:
• our body-mind Field and its somatic appearance,
• our emotions and feelings,
• our thoughts and our cognitive capacity’
• and also our will, our developed ego, with which we direct our actions in life.
In Core Evolution we work with all topics that the process of life brings.
Dr. Gerken is teaching on the cutting edge of science and knowledge in introducing modern technology with his research in documenting physical, emotional and mental energy patterns with Infrared Analysis and Biophoton-Measurements, which indicate, that we embody our past and present experiences as images in our consciousness, and that memory and consciousness is not just a function of the brain, but of the whole Body-Mind Field.
Find out about the training programs here
Join us in this exciting presentation! With room for Q & A.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check back as new information on our events happen regularly and updates are ongoing.
These exclusive webinars are brought to you by the USABP and its proud educational and training institute member organizations.
These live webinars are for Psychologists, Social Workers, MFTs. Counselors, Somatic Practitioners, Body Worker and other Health Professionals.
Download to see specific list of who can get CE credits when they are offered.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Registration is in three steps. Get the details below.
Non-members see special message* to you below.
Members you must be logged in to be able to access free registration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
*NON-MEMBERS SAVE NOW:
Non-members are better off to join the USABP. For a little more money paid as a member - instead of an event registrant - you can participate in 12 plus upcoming webinars FREE and get access to our library of training - lectures. Plus get our International digital and/or printed version of our International Peer Reviewed Journal and much more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
About Our Events
Our events often include demonstrations, video and slide presentations, experiential exercises, Q & A discussions, insights from attendees, presenter shares about their personal journey and inspirations, and much more.
These courses content levels serve introductory or beginning level; intermediate level; or advanced level.
Please cancel prior to 24 hours before the course starts. For questions or concerns, phone 202-466-1619.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
When CE credits apply to a course they are made available upon course completion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
Participants must have paid tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates will be available following course completion.
Disability Access - If you require ADA accommodations please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
REGISTRATION is in three steps:
1) Register first on the USABP website (click the register button on this page), and then
2) Register at Zoom too. Use the Zoom link that we will email to you after you register with USABP (click the register button on this page to begin registration).
3) Once you register with Zoom. Zoom will send you your login link.
We look forward to seeing you at this premiere event.