Shame and Aging
with Sheila Rubin, LMFT, RDT/BCT and Bret Lyon, PhD, SEP, BCC
Saturday, July 20, 10am–6pm & Sunday, July 21, 10am–5:30pm
In Berkeley, just off the I-80
$350 full price / $325 with full payment by June 15
Special price for interns
13 CE Credits — CAMFT CE provider #134393
We all go through it. No one is immune. And nothing produces more universal shame in our society than aging. Whereas many societies have deep respect for people as they age and see a vital role for elders, our society still worships youth—still idealizes the Pepsi generation.
In this workshop, we will explore and learn to be more comfortable with our own aging process. And we will explore ways to help clients talk about, explore and heal their own shame around aging. We will:
- Discover ways to help clients become aware of the many messages they received and continue to receive about aging and body image from family and society.
- Learn ways to help clients cope with the shame of not being able to do all that they once did.
- Understand counter-shaming techniques to help ourselves and our clients find pride and joy in the new reality—seeing that there are real gains as well as losses in this new stage of life.
- Work with the shame that can cause and result from sicknesses and injuries.
- Identify challenges in being looked at as unimportant and “not up to par” by a youth-oriented society and the layers of shame that can occur.
- Discover how to make the necessary adjustments so we can regain access to the life force and creativity that we still have in a grounded and embodied way.
Click here to register. Or please visit the Schedule page at www.CenterforHealingShame.com.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It can be taken by itself or as part of a sequence.
For details about our complete training program in Healing Shame, visit our website. You can also check out articles and free Healing Shame webinars.
For more information, call Sheila at 415-820-3974 or email Sheila@HealingShame.com.
The Center for Healing Shame is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs in California - CAMFT CE provider #134393. PhDs in California and PhDs and licensed therapists outside of California may be able to receive 12 CE credits through the co-sponsorship of R. Cassidy Seminars. The Center for Healing Shame maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.