advancing our field and enriching life
The United States Association of Body Psychotherapy Membership is as professionally varied a group of therapists and practitioners as you can find. Our members includes psychologists, physicians, registered nurses, educators, alternative health care providers, social workers, academicians, researchers, policymakers, lightworkers, yogis, masseuses, energy workers, art and expressive therapy practitioners, interested citizens and students.
10 Areas the USABP Focuses on to Benefit Members & Society
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for mental health in our nation and around the world.
2. Biennial Educational Conference: The biennial Conference provides quality education and networking for Behavioral health professionals and somatic practitioners, plus you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that behavioral health voices are being heard. Members participate in legislative updates/alerts, and keep track of public health issues under consideration by the State & federal Legislature. We want to stay in touch with leaders who can advocate for priority public mental health issues.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site, international peer reviewed journal and email updates of emerging issues relevant to behavior health and somatic practices. You remain informed about issues and events in our industry in a way that saves you time and keeps you on the cutting edge of research and treatment.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with Body Psychotherapists and Somatic Practitioners, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from biennial Conferences to webinar event meetings and our directory.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 550 mind-body mental health professionals across the country and around the world.
7. Free or Discounted Educational Offerings: You receive free or reduced registration fees at all USABP sponsored continuing education events.
8. Affordable Continued Education Opportunities
9. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
10. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in Body Psychotherapy. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
11. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.